The lovely World Via Standby nominated me for *I think* the Versatile Blogger Award and the Liebster Blog award. While I know these are mostly a social link between bloggers I believe it is always nice to be recognised for the hardwork we’ve all put in for our blogs.
So, I am going to play the game and pay it forwards.
1. Share 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 new bloggers and ask them 11 questions
11 Random facts about myself
I don’t know why 11 is the magic number here, but here it is:
1. It is obvious, that I am passionate about the world and the people that live in it.
2. I believe the lessons we learn from travelling are the most valuable and useful lessons in and about life.
3. I am a bit of a crazy cat lady!
4. I have a thing for glossy travel magazines. Have you ever sniffed one? It smells of glorious travel opportunities!
5. I am obsessed with bookstores, especially second hand bookstores that are full of yesterday’s treasures.
6. I have a full time job in IT. I keep telling myself it’s just a job to fund my travelling and writing.
7. I get motion-sickness from action movies. True story.
8. Point 7 is the reason why I mostly watch cartoon films.
9. I love learning new languages.
10. My favourite sport is football (or soccer, depending on your lingual preference)
11. I am glad that this is the last point I have to make!
World Via Standby asked me….
1. Why do you blog?
I originally started blogging out of boredom. I was living abroad for a year and got a little tired of having to write mass emails. So I began to blog instead so that people can choose whether to read my stories or not!
These days I blog to keep myself sane.
2. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened during your travels?
Hm… this is a hard one. Due to my bold and carefree nature, my family have always considered me as an embarrassment to be out with anyway that I often don’t realise I am ’embarrassing’ because I thought I am just having fun!
So… uh… pass.
3. Favourite travel song?
Whatever I am singing in my head at the time.
4. What has been your most terrifying experience?
Nothing too drastic, but passing out in a bar among strangers probably would count as a terrifying experience, not that I remembered it as such. I just know that the kindness of strangers were all around me and my fellow travellers made sure I made it back to my bed safely.
5. Indiana Jones or James Bond?
Neither I am afraid! I am more of the Dr. Who type.
6. What’s the one thing you are most proud of?
Having a balanced professional lifestyle between a corporate life, a travelling life and a writing life.
7. Where was your first trip and how old were you?
I believe I was two when my parents took me on holidays to Los Angeles. Not that I remember it much, only have photos to rely on as proof!
8. What’s the worst place you’ve ever been to?
I can’t think of anywhere I absolutely hated and thought it was the worst place I’ve ever been to. I enjoyed everywhere I have been! However, psychologically, I hate being in a situation where most of my friends are travelling but me. For me, this is just a nightmare, and would drive me to the worst psychological place ever.
9. What are some words you live by?
Do or do not. There is no try.
10. What’s your biggest fear?
Refer to my answer to question 7!
11. When you are not travelling, what do you spend most of your free time doing?
Dreaming about travelling.
My 7 nominations
I feel rather ashamed that through this exercise I realised I don’t really read that many other blogs! I am only able to come up with the following. I hope it doesn’t offend anyone that I don’t have the full 11 nominations together. I promise I’ll start reading more.
World Via Standby (a return nomination, travel themed)
Travel Oops (travel themed)
Taking to the Open Road (travel themed)
Gallivance (travel themed)
Our Asian Stomping Ground (travel themed)
Salty Popcorn (film reviews)
Where’s my backpack (travel themed)
My 11 questions to them
Why not just answer the same questions I was asked? :)
Happy blogging everyone!